Last Updated December 31, 2019
Notice of Information We Collect
In order for you to take advantage of particular opportunities provided through the Sites (for example, to use the services offered on the Sites), we may require that you furnish personal data. For example, we may ask you to complete a registration form that asks for contact information (such as name, date of birth, address, telephone number, and e-mail address) or an order form that asks for financial information (like credit card number, expiration date, and billing address). Additionally, when you order from the Sites we may collect certain consumer information (such as products ordered and relevant promotion codes) and delivery information (such as an alternate contact, address, and telephone number in the event you are not available to accept delivery). We will collect information that you provide directly to us, including if you communicate with us by e-mail, or otherwise complete online forms, surveys, or contest entries. You may choose not to provide us with certain personal data. In such an event, you can still access and view the Sites; however, you may not be able to order any products and the functionality of the Sites and services available to you may be limited. In addition, you can choose not to provide certain optional information, but then you might not be able to take full advantage of many of the features on the Sites.
We may also collect certain personal data about you automatically, including information about the device you are using to access and/or use the Sites, log information (including your IP address, type of browser and operating system you use, etc.), information from referring websites, and your interaction with the Sites.
We and our third party service providers also may aggregate personal data in a manner such that the end-product cannot be reasonably used to identify you or any other user of the Sites, for example, by using personal data to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code. We and our third party service providers may use and share this aggregated and de-identified data.
Cookies and Other Technology
How We Use The Information We Collect
We and our third party service providers may use your personal data and any third party personal data that you may provide, as applicable:
- to fulfill your requests, e.g., to allow you to order liquor and other products offered through our partners and have it delivered to you or to provide you with information that you request.
- to fulfill your purchases (e.g., to process credit card payments in connection with your food order).
- to customize content on our Sites (e.g., the stores that will deliver to your location).
- to send you important information regarding the Sites, such as certain changes to our terms, conditions, policies and/or other administrative information.
- to inform you of products, programs, services and promotions that we believe may be of interest to you.
- to permit you to send messages regarding Site-related content to a friend through the Sites. If you wish to use this feature, you may be required to provide us with, and we may use, your friend’s email address to facilitate your sending of such message. By using this functionality, you affirm that you are entitled to use and provide us with your friend’s name and email address for this purpose. We will not to use your friend’s personal data for any purpose other than to allow your message to be sent and/or to troubleshoot any issues with respect to the sending of your message, unless we disclose such other purpose to you at the time you provide your friend’s personal data to us.
- to permit you to participate in sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions (collectively, “Promotions”).
- for our internal business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing the Site, improving our services, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act or CCPA, and subject to exceptions, California residents have certain rights regarding their data, including:
- The right to know the categories of Personal Information we’ve collected and the categories of sources from which we got the information.
- The right to know the business purposes for sharing Personal Information.
- The right to know the categories of third parties with whom we’ve shared Personal Information.
- The right to access the specific pieces of Personal Information we’ve collected and the right to delete your information.
- The right to opt out of having your Personal Information sold. SipSend does not sell or rent Personal Information to third parties, as we understand that term to be defined by the CCPA and its implementing regulations
As a California resident, you may exercise your right to know or your right to deletion by emailing support@SipSend.com.
When & How We Share Your Information
- as required to fulfill your purchase (e.g. to our partner stores to enable them to fulfill your order).
- to provide services such as payment processing, website hosting, data analysis, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, e-mail delivery services, and other similar services, to enable them to provide services.
- to identify you to any person to whom you send messages through the Sites.
- to communicate with you about Promotions, products, services, rewards and events offered by us or others. You should carefully review the rules, if any, of each Promotion in which you participate, as they may contain additional important information about how such third parties use your personal data.
- to an affiliate or other third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy and/or similar proceedings).
- as we believe to be appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations and/or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety and/or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you and/or others; (g) to permit us to pursue available remedies and/or limit the damages that we may sustain; and (h) for record keeping purposes.
Other Important Notices Regarding Our Privacy Practices
Unsubscribe. If you do not wish to receive marketing-related emails from us, you may unsubscribe from receiving them by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any of those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Changing personal data. You may review, correct and/or update certain elements of your personal data by adjusting your preferences in the “My Account” section of our site, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We and our third party service providers are not responsible for altering personal data from the databases and/or other records of third parties with whom we and our third party service providers have shared your personal data.
Note Regarding the Use of the Site by Minors. The Sites are not directed to and/or intended for use by individuals under the age of twenty-one (21), and we request that such individuals not use the Sites and not provide personal data through the Sites.
Disclaimer. If you choose to access the Sites, you do so at your own risk. We may limit the availability of the Sites, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area and/or jurisdiction we choose, at any time and in our sole discretion. By using the Sites and submitting any personal data, you consent to the transfer of personal data to other countries, such as the United States, which may provide a different level of data security than your country of residence provides. We will take steps to ensure that your personal data receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.